Sunday, March 6, 2011

C4T 2

speedchange

In his February 16 post Experience Another Way to Vote Ira wrote about teaching students about different democratic methods. He suggested following the elections of other democracies. I wrote this in reply to his post:
Megan Simmons said...
Hi Ira,
I am visiting from Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I will be posting my thoughts on a couple of your blogs on
my blog later this month.
I really enjoyed this post. I love how you incorporated different subjects. I think it is so important for our students to know about the cultures and governments in other countries and the definition of democracy especially at a time when so many governments around the world are changing so drastically.
His post Why is China Model Rather Than Finland. was an interesting discussion on how we, as a nation, choose our educational role models. I responded with this comment:
Megan Simmons said...
Hi Ira,
I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class. I will be posting my thoughts about your blog on my blog.
I so agree with your comment that we are attempting to emulate the education system of a place in which we would never choose to live. This cannot work because we are not them. It is not better or worse it's just different. Their system is based on a culture extremely different from our own. It simply will not fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment